When Popsicle asked me to be a Blogger Ambassador for 2013, I was beyond thrilled. If you're a kid or kid at heart, Popsicles are a part of your life. Frozen happiness on a stick.
Speaking of kids, my boys love Popsicles. AND Sour Patch Kids. AND
cupcakes. So I decided to try something a little different and incorporate the yummy lime Sour Patch Kid Popsicles into a cupcake. Yep, a cupcake. And you know what?
They're freakin' awesome!
You will need:
4 Lime Popsicle brand Sour Patch Popsicles
1 box white cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1 small lime
1 can store-bought white frosting
Sour Patch Kids candy
green food coloring (optional)
1. Beat cake mix, eggs, oil and water with mixer on low speed until blended.
2. Allow the Lime flavored Sour Patch Popsicles to melt in a dish. Or you can
defrost them in the microwave.
Reserve 2 Tablespoons of the melted lime Popsicles for the frosting.
3. Add the melted Popsicles to the batter along with 2 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice
and some grated lime zest. Blend with mixer but do not overbeat. You may also add some green food coloring (I used Electric Green from Americolor).
4. Place cupcake liners in tins. Fill 3/4 of the way full with batter.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
6. Scoop out frosting into bowl. Add the reserved 2 Tablespoons of melted popsicle and 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice. Add a little grated lime zest if desired. Blend
together with hand mixer to incorporate.
7. Frost cupcake. I use a Wilton M1 piping nozzle.
8. Add a lime green Sour Patch Kid candy on top!
Popsicles + Cupcakes = Love.
This post was created in connection with my appointment as an Ambassador in the Popsicle® Blogger Program. Visit www.facebook.com/popsicle to join the conversation.