Pilgrim Donut Ship
Super excited that my Pilgrim Donut Ships were featured in the November 2013 issue of Taste of Home Magazine!
The pilgrims ate mostly cured meat and biscuits on the Mayflower, but I bet they would have loved these tasty little mini donut ships. This is a great edible craft for kids to make while they are learning the history of Thanksgiving!
You will need:
Chocolate Mini Donuts
Strawberry Fruit by the Foot
1. Cut the sail out of white paper. (about 1 1/2" trapezoid).
2. Bend (don't fold) sail vertically and make 2 small slits in the middle, one near the top and one near the bottom.
3. Thread pretzel stick through the slits.
4. Push pretzel stick into donut edge.
5. Cut a little triangle out of the Fruit by the Foot for a flag.
6. Simply press on the flag to the top of the mast - it should stick just fine.