Pear Bunny Salad
This cute Pear Bunny Salad was my introduction to cute food.
When I was 7 years old, I received the Betty Crocker Cookbook for Boys & Girls from my Aunt Lorene and the first thing I wanted to make was this pear bunny salad!
Since Easter is fast approaching I thought I would make this adorable little salad again. It really is super easy to make and takes no time at all! The kids will love helping!
You will need:
Can of pear halves (or you can peel & cut fresh pears in half)
Red hot cinnamon candies
1. Wash lettuce and place leaves on a platter.
2. Drain pear halves and pat dry. Place on platter as shown in picture.
3. Cut raisins in small pieces and place on top of pears to resemble eyes.
4. Place the cinnamon candies at the end of each pear for the nose. (You may want to do this just before serving since the red color will spread from the pear juices).
5. Push 2 almond slices into the top of each pear for the bunny ears.
6. Place a small scoop of cottage cheese at the end of each pear for the tail.